Now it seems that everyone can take screenshots or screenshots on almost any brand of laptop. For those of you who don’t know, a screenshot is a digital image that can display the contents of the screen of an electronic device such as a computer.
The presence of the screenshot feature allows laptop users to take, capture, and of course save a screenshot on the screen in image format. Usually every laptop brand has its own way of taking screenshots.
Well, on this occasion Cari Signal will invite you, especially Lenovo laptop users, to try and practice how to capture the screen on the laptop. Curious how to do it? Just take a look at the following discussion, OK!
Using Secret Keys on Keyboard
The first method to capture the screen on a Lenovo laptop is arguably the easiest and you can try it quickly. The trick is to press one of the secret keys on the Lenovo laptop keyboard . So that you don’t get confused about which secret button to press, then you should pay attention to the steps below!
- Before you start taking screenshots, the first thing you should do is make sure that your Lenovo laptop keyboard is working as it should.
- If you feel that the Lenovo keyboard is running well, then open the display that you want to capture.
- Next, you just press the “PrtSC Ins” button . This key is usually at the very top of the Lenovo keyboard and is located on the right side.
- After pressing the button, next you have to find an application that can put the screenshot. For example you can use the Paint application . Usually this software is already installed on Windows-based laptops.
- Open the Paint application by first searching for it in the search field. Followed by pressing and opening the Paint application icon.
- On a blank page of the Paint application, please press the CTRL + V keys simultaneously.
- Then automatically the screenshot that you previously took via the PrtSc Ins button will appear on the Paint application page.
- The next step is to edit if needed or go directly to the storage menu by pressing the CTRL + S key .
- You can rename the screenshot file in the File name column and choose a file format from PDF, JPG, GIF and many more. Don’t forget to choose a storage location.
- Finally, hit the Save button .
- Voila ! The screenshot on the Lenovo laptop will also be saved and you can find the data in the storage folder.
Via Key Combination on Keyboard
If the previous method only uses one key on the keyboard and uses the Paint application, then the second method to capture this screen requires you to press two keys on the keyboard. Which button is it? The answer is below!
- As usual you must first make sure that your Lenovo keyboard is active and working properly because this is the key to capturing the screen.
- Next, specify the content you want to screenshot.
- After determining which content to capture, proceed by pressing the Windows key + PrtSc Ins simultaneously. You can find the Windows key at the bottom left of the keyboard with a logo like a window. Meanwhile, the PrtSc Ins button is on the top right of the Lenovo keyboard.
- When pressing Windows key + PrtSc Ins , don’t be surprised if the screen suddenly flashes black. This indicates that the screenshot process is in progress.
- Unlike the first method which requires you to open the Paint application, with this method you don’t need the Paint application or the like to save screenshots. Not without reason, this is because the screenshot file is automatically saved on the Lenovo laptop’s Pictures menu .
- Then you can visit the Pictures menu .
- Followed by pressing select a folder called Screenshots . In this folder you can find screenshots of the result of pressing Windows key + PrtSc Ins. Practical and easy, right?
3. Screenshot through the Lightshot Application
Another alternative that you can try to take screenshots on Lenovo laptops is to use a third-party application, namely Lightshot. It can be said that this application is one of the tools to capture the screen that is able to save the image to a blank page and even directly share it to the internet.
This application that can be installed on Mac and Windows-based operating systems seems to have a lot of fans around the world. For those of you who are curious about how to capture the screen with Lightshot on a Lenovo laptop, it would be better if you read the following steps:
- Install Lightshot first if your Lenovo laptop doesn’t have this application. You can also download Lightshot here .
- After downloading and installing Lightshot, proceed with specifying the screen, display or content you want to capture.
- To open this application, all you have to do is move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen and look for the purple feather icon.
- After pressing the icon, the screen of the Lenovo laptop will turn gray automatically. This proves that the screenshot process can be done.
- You are given the freedom to capture the screen as desired starting in full, in part or in certain areas.
- After that, you can make the editing process through this application through the features it offers, including creating boxes, adding text, arrows, and much more.
- Then, when you have finished the screen capture and editing process, continue by saving the file to the Lenovo laptop folder. However, first you have to be led to choose a screenshot file format such as JPEG, PNG, and BNP.
- Interestingly you can share your screenshots to the internet and even print them because this app provides this feature. Isn’t this Lightshot application great?
Using the Snipping Tools Application
The last method that you can implement to capture the screen is to use an application called the Snipping Tool. This method can be an alternative if the PrtSc Ins button on your laptop keyboard doesn’t work.
You don’t need to download the application first, because it is already installed on a Windows-based laptop operating system. This application allows users to be able to capture the screen according to the size expected from full to in certain areas.
How to operate the Snipping Tool to capture the screen? Let’s dive deeper into the following discussion:
- A common thing to do is to open the content or page to be captured.
- Followed by opening the Snipping Tool application. You can search for it by typing ” Snipping Tool ” in the search field at the bottom left of the screen.
- Next you will be presented with four menus including Mode, Delay, Cancel, and Options.
- Select the Mode option . In this menu you will see several screenshot styles ranging from Free-form snip (customized shape), Rectangular Snip (four-sided shape as desired), Window Snip, and Full Screen Snip (for full screen capture).
- When you have determined the desired screenshot style, then move the cursor over the area you want to capture the screen.
- Processed screenshots will immediately appear on the Snipping Tool application page.
- Finally, press the File menu and select Save As to save the screenshot in the Lenovo laptop folder.
Those are some methods that you can use to take screenshots on Lenovo laptops. Which method do you think is the easiest? Try to comment in the comments column, OK! Also read the article on How to Screenshot on an ASUS Laptop . So , to get interesting tips about other technologies, keep following Carisignal!