WhatsApp notifications that barrage are often annoying, especially if we are still being chased by work on holidays. I really want to disable all social media , one of which is WhatsApp.
The existence of social media such as Instagram , Twitter, and WhatsApp has certainly become a daily necessity for some people. But whether because of excessive use, or because there are things that make us uncomfortable, not a few people finally choose to disable it for a while.
It does not mean that we leave our responsibilities to work, but we also have a responsibility to our peace and mental health.
So there’s nothing wrong if you want to calm down, or disappear for a while from the hustle and bustle of work. It’s just that WhatsApp is not like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media, which when we want to stop using we only need to log out .
Then how to disable WhatsApp temporarily, without having to uninstall the application? The following are some ways to temporarily disable WhatsApp, for Android and iPhone users. Come on, see the steps!
How to Temporarily Disable WA on Android
For those of you Android users, below are some ways you can do to temporarily disable WhatsApp. This way you can disable WhatsApp without having to turn off internet data. Want to know how? Come on, see the steps.
1. Force Stop WhatsApp Application (Force Stop)
If we can log out of social media like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter whenever we like, WhatsApp is different. It takes a special way to be able to logout WhatsApp.
Instead of having to bother logging out of WhatsApp because you don’t want to receive notifications that pile up, there is a more practical way that you can do, you know! One of them is to force stop or force stop the WhatsApp application.
This way you can disable WhatsApp, without having to turn off internet data. Want to know how? Come on, see the steps below!
- Go to Settings / Settings then select Applications .
- Select the WhatsApp application in the application menu or Manage Apps .
- Select the Force stop WhatsApp button .
2. Limit WhatsApp Application Data Usage
By limiting data usage on the WhatsApp application, you will not get message and call notifications. The steps you must take include:
- Open the Settings menu .
- Next, open the Manage Apps menu .
- Select Mobile data then turn off Allow background data usage .
3. Disable Notifications Via Settings
Getting so many chat notifications from coworkers, friends, or groups that barrage can sometimes be quite annoying. If you want a simple and easy way, you just need to turn off the notification. Here are the steps you can take.
- Go to Settings .
- Go to the application or System Apps then look for the WhatsApp application.
- Then select Notification and control center .
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications.
4. Clear data
Please note beforehand that by deleting data, of course the data you have will be deleted automatically. Therefore, it’s better before using this method you have to back up chat and other data first.
That way, both personal and group chats, you can later return them to the way they were when we wanted to use WhatsApp again. To simplify the data backup process, make sure that the phone number used is an active phone number.
Then how to do happys data? Well, here are the steps you have to take to clear data on your phone.
- Open the Settings menu .
- Click on the Apps menu then look for the WhatsApp application.
- In App Info, press the storage button and then a clear data will appear .
- Press the Clear data button and wait for the deletion process to complete.
By following the steps above, your WhatsApp account has been successfully deactivated. That way you won’t receive message notifications or phone calls.
So what if at any time we want to open it again? All you need to do is re-open the WhatsApp application, then re-login using the same phone number.
It’s just that if you want to disable WhatsApp for a short period of time, it’s a good idea to choose the method described earlier. So you don’t have to bother with backups or re-login.
5. Disabling WhatsApp Using App Help
In addition to using some of the methods mentioned above, you can also use application assistance. There are many applications that can be used to disable WhatsApp. Among them are Datally, Hibernator, Pause It, Nights Keeper, game mode, do not disturb – call blocker, and other applications.
However, what Cari Signal wants to explain here is to use the Datally application. Here are the steps you can take.
- First download the Dattaly app in APKPure .
- Grant access or permission via the Settings menu .
- Tap on the Manage data section , then scroll down and select the Apps with low usage menu .
- Next, look for the WhatsApp application.
- Press the slider button on the right and change its position to on .
- Done, the WhatsApp application has been successfully deactivated.
Then what if we want to reactivate a WhatsApp account that has been deactivated? Here are some steps you can take.
- Sign in again to the Datally app.
- Look for the data server feature , then slide the slide button back to “on”.
- That way your WhatsApp will return to the way it was.
Disabling WA Notifications on iPhone
How to disable WhatsApp notifications on iPhone, is actually almost the same as on Android. For more details, you can follow the steps below:
- First open the Settings menu .
- Look for the WhatsApp application, there you will see the words ” Show notification “.
- Deactivate the toggle . That way your WhatsApp notifications will no longer appear on the screen!
Those are some of the ways and steps you can take to temporarily disable WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. In general, both using Android and iPhone are actually almost the same way. You just need to adjust the location of the settings, or the icons available on your phone.
Everyone certainly has their own reasons, why they want to disable WhatsApp as a communication channel. Of course humans need communication and social interaction. But sometimes, excessive use of social media will have its own impact, one of which triggers stress.
No wonder some people decide they want to temporarily disable WhatsApp, or other social media, because we also need peace. So, it doesn’t hurt if you want to temporarily disable WhatsApp.
Of the several methods above, which one do you think is the most effective and easiest to do? If you have other information or other tricks and tips, don’t hesitate to write them in the comments column. Hopefully, some of the information that Carisignal has summarized above can help you. Good luck!