The popularity of podcasts in the digital era as it is today, of course, is widely used by several content creators . With podcasts , everyone can do live broadcasts like radio broadcasts. Actually, the presence of podcasts has existed since 2021, but recently podcasts have become a trend again among millennials and the creative industry .
This radio broadcast-based content was originally only designed for certain platforms and could only be enjoyed by iPhone or iPad users. But now podcasts can be enjoyed by Android users, anytime and anywhere. You can also listen to podcasts through Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and iTunes for free or for free.
To be able to listen to podcast broadcasts, you don’t need to worry about intermittent connections, because you can download your podcast broadcast first. That way, you can listen to podcasts whenever you want.
Usually a podcast contains interesting topics that are being discussed a lot. Apart from relying on audio content, podcasts can also be broadcast in video form. We often encounter some podcast content milling about on YouTube.
So, we can broadcast podcasts on various platforms. Both use audio and video. For content creators, of course the presence of podcasts is very beneficial. That’s one of the reasons why podcasts are in high demand.
So, what if we want to make a podcast? Because of its increasingly popular and in-demand presence, of course, creating a podcast is very easy! For those of you beginners who want to learn to make podcasts, you don’t need to bother preparing a lot of equipment, you can even make podcasts with only a smartphone , you know.
How to Create a Podcast Using Anchor
Through the Anchor application, you can create podcasts using only your smartphone . Want to know what the steps are? Here’s an easy way to create a podcast with Anchor. Come on, let’s see!
- Download the Ancho r app via the Play Store or App Store.
- Register your Google account, or press the Continue with Google icon .
- Pilih menu I want to make a new podcast.Source: inet.detik.com
- Tap the Record button to start recording.
- If there is an error or noise during the recording process , you can tap the words Add marker or Add flag . This menu serves to facilitate marking during the editing process .
- Then, when the podcast is finished recording, press the Stop button .
- Next, you will be asked to create a title for the segment that you have created. Then, click Add recording to episode , wait a few seconds for the recording to be processed successfully.
- Add background music or backsound in the Segment options menu .
- Next, several backgrounds will appear that you can use. You just need to press the Plus sign on the background .
- After the background has been successfully added, please press the Save button .
- A display like the image below will appear and you are required to fill in the title of your podcast first. If so, select Add recording to episode or Add recording to episode .
- Here’s the final step you must take to publish a podcast. Please press the Publish now or Publish now button . Don’t forget to write the title of the episode as well as a description or description in the column at the top.
Finished! Your podcast will be broadcast live, according to the platform option you choose. Usually to be found in Spotify, it takes a few minutes after the draft in the publishing of Anchor. To search for it on Spotify, you only need to write the name of your podcast or the title of the podcast you have created in the search field.
Tips to Get Podcasts to Be Heard
After successfully creating podcast content, of course you want your podcast to be useful and heard by many people, right? Even though in Indonesia podcasts have not been able to produce Rupiah coffers, you will certainly be happy if the podcasts you create are in great demand by listeners.
After all, if you are an influencer or content creator, you can publish podcasts through YouTube. So, you can use two platforms at once. Upload the audio version via Anchor, and also upload the video version via YouTube.
If you only have the recorded audio version, you can still upload it to YouTube by creating an animated waveform or audiogram on YouTube. So, you can stay productive at work and can also earn Rupiah through YouTube! Very profitable, right?
So, how do we make our podcasts interesting and widely heard? There are several tips that you can do to attract the attention of the audience. Are as follows.
1. Improve Audio Quality
Because podcasts rely on audio, of course audio plays a very important role for podcast quality. If the audio you use still has noise or lacks clarity, listeners will feel disturbed and bored.
For that, if you are really serious about podcasts and want to increase your podcast listeners, it’s a good idea to use quality audio. By preparing certain equipment such as microphones , earphones and other supporting equipment. That way the audio quality of your podcast will be much better.
2. Choose a Topic Relatable to the Audience
One of the reasons people listen to podcasts is because they feel the topics or themes discussed in the podcast are very relevant to what they are experiencing or feeling. Of course, it is not easy so that our podcast can relate to many people.
However, the thing you have to do is, try to relate the conditions that are most often experienced by many people and you also experience it. Or, you can also raise the topic of a podcast that comes from what anxiety you are feeling right now.
That way, it will be easier for you to express it because it is a personal experience. Usually, without us knowing it, many people feel this way.
3. Choose Interesting and Relevant Resource Persons
To increase engagement with listeners, it’s a good idea to invite speakers who are interesting and also experts, or relevant to the topic you want to discuss. So that your podcast will be more interesting for listeners, because they can see from two different perspectives or points of view.
4. Take advantage of social media as a means of promotion
Most people certainly have social media. One of the social media that is trending right now is TikTok. You can use TikTok as a promotional tool, or you can also use Instagram, because these two social media are generally used by millennials. That way, people will be interested in listening to your podcast.
5. Interact with the Audience
In addition to using social media as a means of promotion, you should also be good at interacting with the audience . For example, you can ask their opinion on what podcast topic you want to discuss, or even invite your audience to collaborate. That way, the audience will feel they are there, and play a role in making your podcast.
So, those are some easy steps to create a podcast using Anchor , as well as tips and tricks to make your podcast more attractive to listeners. If you are interested in trying it, you can immediately follow the steps above, yes! Or, if you have other ways and tips on how to create a podcast, don’t forget to write them in the comments column. Good luck!